And it only took me approximately 8,766 days worth of experience in this world ;P
(This was typed up after my birthday, but I modified the timestamp to fall on the minute of my birth...and I was at work when that occurred.)
The day itself was pretty uneventful, but still nice - I prefer not having to do a lot of stuff (or go to a lot of places) on my birthday. I wanted to go to Red Lobster today, but since Dad would be working when I could go (and would be like this for the weekend as well), Mom and I went to Pizza Hut for the lunch buffet. We will be going to Red Lobster on Monday, when all three of us can go =D
As for my presents, here's what I got:
- From my parents (though I picked out the first two myself prior to this):
- Samsung SyncMaster 206BW - As mentioned on my "Buying Some Computer Equipment..." page, I've wanted to replace my monitor for quite awhile. After asking on various forums as to what brand/model I should look for, I settled on this one. Like my laptop's screen, it's a widescreen model, and though it looks smaller, it's a lot bigger in terms of how much space I get - my previous monitor was set to 1,024×768 pixels (the resolution that looked best on it; it could go a bit higher, but some things were distorted due to problems with the monitor), and this one's set to 1,680×1,050 pixels (this monitor's best-looking resolution, and also its highest)! It's surprisingly bright, too - with my previous monitor, even with the brightness and contrast maxed out, I still had to alter the brightness/contrast/gamma values for certain programs just to be able to see certain details; with this monitor...heh, I have absolutely no problem with making out details - in fact, I'd say it's a little too bright at times, even with its lowest default setting. Still, I'd rather have it be too bright than too dark, given the details I pay attention to ^_~
- Logitech RumblePad 2 - Before I had this, I had to use the keyboard for all of my emulated games...and while it has its advantages, it has one key disadvantage: I can only press three keys (including those for the control pad) simultaneously, which made some games difficult (or even impossible) to play - I also stayed away from anything requiring an analog joystick for obvious reasons. It will take some time to get used to, but it's nice to have a controller in my hands again while I'm playing these games...and I can try out the ones I couldn't play before, too!
- Shirts (×4) and Pants (×2) - I needed more good clothes =P
- From Granny (my grandmother on my mother's side of the family):
- Egg Noodles (homemade)
- Chicken Broth (×2 cartons; for noodles)
- Mountain Dew (×2 12-oz. cans)
- From my relatives (as well as my parents and Granny), I got cards and money; from my co-workers, I got cards and a gift certificate.
I'll probably be getting some more cards and presents in the next few days as well...but I got some real nice stuff today.
Happy 24th Birthday to Me!