» Part of Wolfey's Website

In Just Two Days, the 2005 Primary Election for the County of Armstrong Will Take Place.

May 15, 2005 at 7:04 PM

The title is self-explanatory, and here's what I did this week:

  • Monday: I double-checked the page/mask holders for each district to make sure each had the right pages (and had to replace some that had a few pages with the spine crimped on them too low, as well as two others which had each other's page by mistake). After that, I continued to copy specimen ballots, and had to make eight more for another person in the meantime (four districts, for both parties). As the room I work in at this time, as well as the copier outside the room, will be inaccessible tomorrow (to get the supplies in that room ready for the election), I'll have to hold off the rest of the copying until Wednesday.
  • Tuesday: I checked a large list (that was printed on a big stack of continuous-feed paper) of precincts, positions, and candidates, and made sure that the names were correct, and that their numbers matched up to what the ballot pages had listed for them - if I found something wrong, I corrected the error on the paper to be fixed on a future printout of it. After that, I started putting demo ballots and clasp envelopes (which contained the write-in cards and voter instruction papers) into large black supply boxes - I didn't get finished with that today, so I'll finish putting in the remainder of supplies (the remaining voter instruction cards, provisional ballot envelopes, boxes containing extra ballot envelopes, and voter signature books) in the boxes tomorrow.
  • Wednesday: I finished putting in the remaining voter instruction cards and provisional envelopes in those boxes (others took care of the rest of the supplies, excluding the voter signature books), and then started working on finishing my previous job of copying ballots...But I found out that they had to be all ready by today, so I had to rush to finish them. I couldn't get all of them copied myself, so I had someone else help me as well (and went so far as to not use the booklet format or arrow pages, to save time), although there were still a few unfinished ones by the time I left - fortunately, the rest of them were copied in time.
  • Thursday: I stamped the voter signature books with a red "absentee" stamp for voters who sent in absentee ballots after the books were printed, but before the deadline to send in absentee ballots had been reached. After that, I put the books in the black supply cases (some of which took a bit of reorganizing to get everything to fit, and I had to ask my boss to help get some of the stuff in certain boxes to fit), closed the lids, and locked the cases with padlocks after they were all filled. After that, another co-worker spoke to me and gave me more information on how to take care of the site, and what pages need to be maintained the night of the election. After that, I went and removed tape and signs on a whiteboard (used for the 2004 General Election to list candidates and their number of votes), and printed out new papers for the 2005 Primary Election candidates - I only had enough time to print them out, so I'll laminate them, cut them out, and put them on the board tomorrow.
  • Friday: I put mailing labels on a few more envelopes (for spoiled ballots), and after that, I took page/mask holders with pages from the 2004 General Election last year, and separated them into two boxes: Pages/masks in one box, and the holders in another box. Then, I checked an updated version of the list of precincts, positions, and candidates (this time with sample results) to make sure that no one had zero votes/percent (to make sure that they were counted in this test run). I then started work on putting laminated slips of paper (listing districts and numbers) for the blue ballot stands in little envelopes according to their district, but I only got a few done, so I'll have to finish it on Monday.


No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Comments are closed for this entry.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License. | Wolfey's Weblog