» Part of Wolfey's Website

Figures It’d Happen This Weekend…

February 7, 2005 at 11:42 PM

Well, the weekend was rather boring - Figures that the one time my connection goes out for more than a few minutes (and even that's rare - if it does go out, it's usually for no more than a couple of seconds), it was this weekend...I couldn't get online from Saturday till afternoon today >=(

Usually unplugging and replugging the modem fixes this (if it doesn't already fix itself, by attempting to reconnect every so often), but it didn't work this time...To try and find out what was wrong, I called Adelphia's Tech Support on Saturday night, and the [automated] message I got was that they were working on something in my area (Mom saw one of their trucks parked out on the street for awhile, so something happened), so there was nothing I could do about it until the problem was fixed. All I really did was play a few [emulated] games and watched movies this weekend - There just wasn't that much for me to do.

(On the other hand, I don't necessarily do that much on any weekend, except mess around on the computer =P)

On Sunday, Mom and I headed to Radio Shack after church to get a replacement universal remote (a few often-used buttons on our current one were no longer working), as well as a different set of headphones (for the cordless telephones), so that we could operate the TV, VCR, and DVD player in the upstairs living room (the VCR and DVD players usually sit in my room, and are connected to my TV, but since some of the rooms in this house [mine included] are being redone right now...). The remote we got was pretty nice - it's much easier to insert batteries in it, it only uses half as many batteries as the previous one (two, instead of four, and they're the same battery type - AAA), and it fits better in your hand as well. The headset was pretty much an earpiece with six custom molds that fit over it (small, medium, and large sizes - one set for the left ear, and one for the right) and a small microphone that rests on the cheek (though it seems to pick up your voice just fine). I've only used it once, so I'm not really used to it yet.

Today, I after realizing my connection was working again I just basically caught up on stuff I couldn't do online for the past two days...And not much else.


And I realized it's been one year, one month, and two days since we had to have Tango put to sleep ='( His headstone is still sitting up in the kitchen, near the doors...We can't put it up right now due to the weather, but I really hope that it'll be put up before the end of this year...


No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Comments are closed for this entry.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License. | Wolfey's Weblog